Monday, March 30, 2020

Basic Concept: More Non-Combat Systems

I was glad to hear about the Antiquities system being added with the Greystone Chapter. I hope it is well-designed and implemented. ESO could use more of that kind of thing and use more often in different contexts to make the world feel more alive and colorful while adding new things for players to do, especially in the base game

The thing is, some systems already kind of exist - if feels like the coding is 40% to 80% already there (which relates back to another basic concept, using two-plankers). Of course I don't *know* that as an arm chair dev, but I do see what's already in the game.

To give an kind of examples here dips into specific suggestions a bit, but they can be fleshed out more fully later. Maybe.

Making lizard racing a game:
simpler - race against NPCs in different locations for wagers of gold
more complex - raise/train your own lizards to race against other players

Allow us to play spike ball:
  • simpler - race against NPCs (you already do for a quest) to win prize money
  • more complex - race against NPCs and other players to win prize money

Bare-handed tavern fights which could include some or all of the following:
  • fight for reputation and achievements for gold and reputation
  • bonus for fighting drunk (we have drunk animations and could add fighting/movement penalties)
  • have special NPCs that sometimes spawn as part of achievements
  • questline(s) for the sparring circuit

I could go on and on but maybe this gives an idea of what I mean?

No comments:

Post a Comment